Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Watson, the Game is Afoot...

Today, NaNoWriMo began. I'm already behind, as I haven't had a spare minute (until now) to actually write anything creative. Well, I guess I'm technically still on schedule--I'm shooting for weekly word counts. I am a grad student, after all. I have to prioritize.

Also, if I sound a bit defensive, it's because I've just recovered from the worst bout of writer's block I've ever had. EVER. In my entire seven years of writing, I have never been blocked this badly. I'm sure my film noir professor can attest to this fact--she's probably grimacing over some poorly done reading responses, right about now.


Anyway, here's the game plan: I need to write 20,000 to 30,000 words before the end of November. Real, coherent, part-of-my-novel words. I know, that's not quite 50k. Don't rub it in. I'm crazy enough to be attempting this at all. That divvies out to be 5,000 to 8,000 words a week. Two to three chapters. Should be cake...


No comments:

Post a Comment