Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and in between snatches of school related stress (moments during which I am in the pit of despair, as Anne of Green Gables would say), I find small things to be happy about. Such as:
1. Reaching 45,000 words on my novel (sorry, NaNo, I had a head start).
2. Pie. I love pie, and Pie Day (aka Turkey day [aka Thanksgiving]) is fast approaching!
3. Coffee. It keeps me going...faster and faster until I crash. As long as I can make it to finals week, I will be ok.
4. My family. Because there are people in the world who are as crazy as me.
5. Music. Yours, mine, somebody else's--it doesn't matter as long as it's good. (As a songwriter, though, I am probably biased...)
6. Books. But I reserve the right to hate the ones I have to read for school, just on principle. I will love them again as soon as they are no longer attached to deadlines.
7. Green Chile. There are no words to do it justice, but I may attempt to write a song about it anyway...one day.
8. Steak. Especially free steak, but hey...
9. Being an Adult (aka being able to eat chips and salsa for dinner if I so desire). This one only stands on the days when # 10 is not in effect.
10. Being a kid. Because I'm still unencumbered enough to dodge my responsibilities like the best of 'em...except when #9 kicks in and my guilty conscious gets the best of me.
Also, my personal lights-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel are:
1.The arrival of Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows at my local theater.
2. My library's annual book sale (woo!)
3. The -still-quite-a-ways-away arrival of Hunger Games the movie at my local theater
4. Pie Day! Thanksgiving (yes, I also love mashed potatoes and gravy).