Sunday, November 13, 2011

10 Things That Make Me Happy...and some random things I'm looking forward to.

Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and in between snatches of school related stress (moments during which I am in the pit of despair, as Anne of Green Gables would say), I find small things to be happy about. Such as:

1. Reaching 45,000 words on my novel (sorry, NaNo, I had a head start).
2. Pie. I love pie, and Pie Day (aka Turkey day [aka Thanksgiving]) is fast approaching!
3. Coffee. It keeps me going...faster and faster until I crash. As long as I can make it to finals week, I will be ok.
4. My family. Because there are people in the world who are as crazy as me.
5. Music. Yours, mine, somebody else's--it doesn't matter as long as it's good. (As a songwriter, though, I am probably biased...)
6. Books. But I reserve the right to hate the ones I have to read for school, just on principle. I will love them again as soon as they are no longer attached to deadlines.
7. Green Chile. There are no words to do it justice, but I may attempt to write a song about it anyway...one day.
8. Steak. Especially free steak, but hey...
9. Being an Adult (aka being able to eat chips and salsa for dinner if I so desire). This one only stands on the days when # 10 is not in effect.
10. Being a kid. Because I'm still unencumbered enough to dodge my responsibilities like the best of 'em...except when #9 kicks in and my guilty conscious gets the best of me.


Also, my personal lights-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel are:

1.The arrival of Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows at my local theater.

2. My library's annual book sale (woo!)
3. The -still-quite-a-ways-away arrival of Hunger Games the movie at my local theater
4. Pie Day! Thanksgiving (yes, I also love mashed potatoes and gravy).

No comments:

Post a Comment