Tuesday, October 19, 2010

On Writing...

I started reading Stephen King's On Writing today, which is sort of reckless if you consider the other myriads of books I HAVE to read for a grade.

I haven't made it very far as of yet, I only had about fifteen minutes of reading time before I had a quiz to take this morning. Still, just knowing that in some small way I'm working toward my writing goals makes me feel better--I am a writer, despite my constant school-imposed hiatus (is the plural of hiatus hiates?) from actually writing.

I can do this. I can write a book. I've been writing "books" since before I even knew how to write words. I want to do this. I need to do this. I love to do this! Only six weeks of class left!!!

I recently started using a program called Microsoft Onenote, because it's awesome and it allows me to be un-linear, and I don't like intricate writing software, so anything that makes plotting, plot notes, research, references, and alternate story lines more stream-lined and accessible is a plus for me. I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment