Sunday, September 19, 2010

Poetry

Well, I almost missed my self imposed weekly due date, yet again. But, I didn't. Aren't you proud? In lieu of a regular post--because I'm tired and I've been reading depressing novels all day for my classes--I'm going to post something a little bit out of the ordinary for this blog: poetry. Why, you ask? Because I've been corrupted by the awesomeness that is magnetic poetry. Go ahead, Google it. I dare you.

Who never wanted,--maddest joy
Remains to him unknown;
The banquet of abstemiousness
Surpasses that of wine.

Within its hope, though yet ungrasped
Desire's perfect goal,
No nearer, lest reality
Should disenthrall thy soul.


--Emily Dickinson


The words transfix themselves,
Mere shadows of eternity,
To one more neat-pressed page--
express uncertainty.
Perhaps the path is right,
Perhaps I've lost my way,
And so the writer seeks for light
Amidst the brilliancy of day


--Courtney Foley

Pain follows, surely, surely
I can feel her kinship grow

I've cast away love, run from mercy
and only pain will follow now

Perhaps she serves a greater master
Perhaps true love has sent her here

Pain follows, that's all I know now
and either way the end is near.


--Courtney Foley

No comments:

Post a Comment