Friday, September 3, 2010

Thinking...

First, let me note that THIS POST will stand in for Sunday's post. I'm heading outta town. Gettin' the heck outta Dodge. Leaving the computer behind.

Transition.

Normally, I try to stay positive on social media like blogs, facebook, and etcetera. Nobody likes a downer, for one thing, and I'm fairly sure that stories should be relevant to the reader. Most people just don't care what happened to your second cousin's third cousin on his twenty-third birthday (even if it wasn't pretty--and it wasn't).

Anyway, the above paragraph was not to tell you that I am making an exception to my rule--even though I could, and fascinate you all with my maudlin tales of melancholy and woe. I crafted it specifically to lead up to the following point:

Writers and readers have a very symbiotic relationship. Without readers there would be no writers, and without writers there would be no readers. That's just the way it is. So, wouldn't it be advisable for writers (and I include myself here) to criticize, analyze, objectively judge their works and TRY to make their words relevant to a significant audience?

By the way, have I ever told you about the time I hit myself in the eye with my car door? No? Well, it's fascinating, really...

No comments:

Post a Comment