Monday, November 2, 2009

NaNoWriMo

Despite my best intentions, I have already failed NaNoWriMo. I view it as a defeat similar to failing P.E. class, only much worse. See, I never even tried...

It's a long story, really. It started about three years ago, when I first enrolled in college. Little did I know that the big entity called University would require all of my time, attention, and energy.

Fast forward to three years later, and, naively, I thought I would MAKE time to participate this year. I mean, it's not that big of a deal...12,000 words a week is cake, right?

That, at least, was my pre-midterms mentality. Now my logical side is snickering. Seriously? Twelve-thousand words a week? You're carrying eighteen hours! You only have three semesters left before graduation. Do you just love pain, or what? Wait one more year!!!

I have, once again, conceded defeat. My logical side is right. Or, if not right, it at least has logic on its side...

One day, NaNoWriMo, our date with destiny will be fulfilled. We will create a brilliantly hilarious first draft full of brilliant literary merit together. One day. Just...not yet.

Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment